Thursday, July 26, 2007

Slip sliding away

Time has got away from me again, and I really have nothing to show for the last couple of weeks except some cute photos of Thomas. These should at least please my mum.



Showing off that one tooth


and splashing in the new big bath



The snow has hardly stopped falling this season, which has been fabulous. We have been given an old sled contraption for Thomas which Warren can pull behind him while he skis. Thomas really enjoyed it, and ended up being so relaxed he fell asleep. I like this because it slows Warren down enough for me to keep up with him.




We are off to Melbourne and to the snow again in the next two weeks, before I finally head back to work. I am looking forward to shopping and creative inspiration in Melbourne - I love that city.



We are still enjoying watching a family of Rosellas, who visit our bird feeder every day. This one is a baby, with its green feathers, which will eventually become just red and blue.

And finally, in this random and rambling post, the lovely Kate tagged me to list 8 facts or habits about myself.

I have been procrastinating about this one, but here goes:

1. I love learning new crafts, and get wildly enthusiastic about every one, buying all the books and paraphenalia, but after I have mastered the basics, and starting several projects, I often find myself losing interest and getting hooked instead on something else. The only saving grace is that most of the time I will eventually come back to that craft and those unfinished projects again one day.

2. In recent years I have tried sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet (didn't get very far with that one) screen printing, batik, marbling, tie dye, mosaics, shrink plastic, silver jewellery, enamelling, acrylic painting, watercolours, pastels, polymer clay, pottery, embroidery and even cake decorating. You should see our garage.

3. I have a thing for animals, and get quite worried when I see dogs roaming around - I always think they must be lost, and have in the past rescued (Warren says kidnapped) a few wandering dogs and taken them to the vet to check their microchip and find their owners. One of these pups happened to live right where I had rescued him from - he was sitting right outside his home. Warren thinks that is pretty funny.

4. I am not a morning person.

5. I have had my drivers licence since I was about 20, but have never quite mastered driving - I still feel like I should have P plates on. Today I was driving Thomas home from childcare, and I got stuck behind a bus, but I was too nervous to change lanes in heavy traffic, so I stayed behind it and stopped and started all the way home. Luckily we weren't in a hurry.

6. I have developed a bad habit of watching Dr Phil while I have lunch. It's a good thing I'm going back to work next month.

7. I can't sit in a cafe or restaurant by myself unless I have something to read.

8. Once I start a book, I find it almost impossible to put down, and I can't do much else until I've finished it. I keep meaning to borrow some talking books from the library, so I can at least get some other things done.

Well that's it from me, time for bed. I won't tag anyone else right now, but please join in if you like.

4 comments:

mames said...

oh, the snow looks so refreshing, how i long for the coolness of winter. baby thomas is looking quite adorable with the tooth.

Leah said...

What a gorgeous smile - big toothy grin :) Good to hear childcare is going well so far - such a relief! LOL at your puppy rescue, and I sympathise with the craft enthusiasm - I am soooo tempted by spinning...

Anonymous said...

Hello from one non-morning person to another! [I don't like weaving in and out of the lanes while driving either.] =)

Pictures of Thomas are so cute--he's so outdoorsy!

Kate said...

That sled is great - he looks so relaxed! You can never try enough crafts!