Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back again

Wow, three weeks has flown by since my last post. We have had such a busy time here with lots of visitors, there has been no time to open the laptop.



Thomas has been loving all the attention. Here he is with a little friend - it was fun but hectic having two babies in the house for a while, and none of us got any sleep.




Somehow in the quiet times I managed to finish this jumper for Thomas. It was a very basic design, but I hadn't done a neckband or buttonholes before, so it was a great learning experience. I'm quite keen to do another one now, but perhaps something a bit more interesting.




It is still too big for Thomas right now, but should be about right for winter.



We had a great time with another friend last weekend, and we all went on a bushwalk to the top of Mount Majura - Warren managed to carry Thomas all the way - he was quite happy looking around and taking it all in.




I was given these beautiful tulips as an early birthday present, and am really enjoying watching them slowly open up.



Tomorrow we are off to the coast for a couple of days. It will be too cold to swim, but it will be great to get away for a while.

Right now I'm going to have a quick look at my favourite blogs, while Thomas is still napping. Can't wait to catch up on some crafty inspiration.

5 comments:

kayla said...

Ooh, I love Thomas' little sweater: the shape and the color combination! I hope you enjoy your time away and have a great birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! [tulips are my favorite]
Have a super trip!
Thomas' sweater looks terrific on him--gorgeous color combo!

Anonymous said...

oh the jumper looks great! i cant believe this is your first one like it!!lucky baby

Kylie said...

Just thought that I would pop in and say HI! Followed your BLOG from somewhere else (humm - sorry lost track!) I love the jumper that you knitted for Thomas - I have done two in girly colours - but did not even think of doing it in boys colours - great colour choice too! Humm - think that I need to think outside of the square!

Lily Mulholland said...

Cute jumper! Enjoy the coast - you picked the perfect weekend :)